Roles and responsibilities
Responsibility for staff development rests at three levels: The University, the college or department and the individual. The PDC Shall:
- support excellence in professional practice at AAU through the provision of professional, vocational and management development activities and by contributing to policy development;
- provide a service to all faculty staff of the University to adopt a research-informed teaching approach to its work.
- work closely with the range of providers of learning and development within the University to ensure that provision is aligned, coherent and comprehensive;
- be responsible for professional development in support for the University’s Performance Development Review process;
- benchmark development provision against the sector and good practices.